Alberta Women's Economic Recovery
Empowering women entrepreneurs to start or grow a business in Alberta.
Offering low-interest business loans, advice and support.
We believe in Women Entrepreneurs
Offering flexible low-interest small business loans, ongoing support and advice for women entrepreneurs in rural Alberta.
Start or Grow Your Rural Small Business
Whether you're just starting out, or looking for support to take your business to the next level, there are many challenges along the way and sometimes it feels like you're on your own.
Flexible Small Business Loans for Women Entrepreneurs Starting at $10,000
Access low-interest loans designed specifically for women entrepreneurs, and offering flexible repayments options and forgivable loan portions if conditions are met.
Apply for personalized financing from $10,000 up to $75,000, giving you the freedom you need to reach your goals.
A Team of Experts By Your Side
Grow your skills as a small business owner and receive ongoing support from local business experts in your community.
Community Futures small business supports are tailored to fit your needs and schedule. Get access to trusted advisors that can help you gain the skills and training you need to start and grow your small business.
How we support you:
- Connect with other local business owners and build your network.
- Access and explore resources and meet with a Business Advisor you can trust to talk about your business goals.
- Receive ongoing small business support and opportunities to develop your skills, manage your business and plan for the future.
We are the first stop for new entrepreneurs and existing small businesses in rural Alberta.
Alberta Women’s Economic Recovery – Capital Growth Initiative Loan
What Makes This Loan Unique?
Women entrepreneurs will be able to apply for unsecured conditionally repayable loans ranging from $10,000 to $75,000.
- Loans from $10,000 - $75,000;
- Interest Rate of Prime + 2% for a 5-year term;
- 6 months interest-only payments at the start of loan;
- Forgivable 25% portion of loan amount if 75% is repaid within the 5-year loan term;
- Flexible opportunities to manage loan repayments;
- No penalties for early repayment and/or lump-sum payments.
Operating capital, equipment, leasehold improvements, inventory, non-owner salaries & professional fees.
Loan funds can not be used for debt repayment.
- Be a 50.1% women-owned small or medium-sized business that is registered and located in Alberta
- Reside in the province of Alberta
- Be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- As per the Terms and Conditions of the Community Futures Program, SMEs are defined as having less than 500 employees and annual sales revenue of less than $20 million, and produce goods and services for the market economy, regardless of their business structure (e.g. sole proprietorships, social enterprises, cooperatives, etc.)
About Community Futures
Our 27 locations across rural Alberta offer guidance where you can get answers from experts about all aspects of running your own business, including: accounting, marketing, management and operations, as well as access to funding options such as loans and grants that match your needs best.
Each office also offers local business workshops on topics like how to write a business plan or improve cash flow management skills. Community Futures is proud to offer special initiatives designed specifically for women entrepreneurs and business owners with disabilities.
If your business is located in the urban or metropolitan areas of Calgary, Edmonton, St. Albert or Fort Saskatchewan, please visit our partner organization:
Alberta Women Entrepreneurs - Capital Growth Initiative Loan
Alberta Women’s Economic Recovery – Capital Growth Initiative
Funded by the Government of Alberta, this initiative will provide $3 million in grant funding to the Community Futures Network of Alberta (CFNA) to increase access to capital through flexible low-interest small business loans and offer business advisory supports to women entrepreneurs in rural Alberta through a network of Community Futures locations.
With 27 locations across rural Alberta, we’ve got you covered.
All of the Community Futures offices in rural Alberta provide support, guidance, and loans for small businesses and startups.