Executive Director, Community Futures Big Country (Drumheller, Alberta)
You have a passion for rural economic development.
You are a confident and strategic leader.
You have experience leading a dynamic non-profit organization.
You have been referred to as a visionary.
You have worked with Boards of Directors and Executive Committees.
You are often described as a mentor/teacher/coach.
If these statements describe you, we should talk. You just might be the ideal candidate to be the next Executive Director at Community Futures Big Country!
Community Futures Big Country is a non-profit organization that supports local entrepreneurs, businesses, and communities. We are guided by a volunteer Board of Directors made up of community representatives and members-at-large from our Region. The mandate for the Executive Director is Leadership, Advocacy, Stewardship. As champion of the Community Futures mission and assets, your leadership communicates and advocates for the well-being, development and sustainability of the businesses and communities you represent.
Our next Executive Director will have the following qualifications:
- Superior leadership, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Refined listening, collaboration, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Polished business acumen with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of commercial finance and lending.
- Financial planning and management.
- Rural Economic Development experience preferred.
- Governance experience.
- Effective conflict management and creative resolution skills.
- Demonstrated competence in the development, promotion, and delivery of training programs.
- 5-7 years of business management, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Post-secondary degree in Business/Finance or combination of experience in business and Not-for-Profit management would be considered an asset
- Ability to lead a small team with close oversight and management of the administrative function when required.
If you think you’re a strong candidate for this role, please tell us why in your cover letter. Selected candidates will be screened virtually for primary interviews and finalists will be invited to second-round in person interviews with the Selection Committee. This position offers a sound compensation package and salary will be commensurate with experience and education. Successful candidate must live (or is planning to live) within the Drumheller region, as no relocation assistance is offered with this role. The search will continue until the best candidate is found. To apply: please send your resume and cover letter (including your compensation requirements) to:
We thank all applicants for considering this exciting opportunity with Community Futures. Please be advised that the Selection Committee will only be contacting those individuals chosen for interview. No phone calls or international applications will be accepted. Community Futures values diversity and is committed to attracting, engaging, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. As well, your privacy is important to us – please rest assured that all applications will always remain confidential. We do not retain candidate profiles or resumes.