Community Futures Crowsnest Pass provides small business assistance and supports to new & existing businesses and actively participates in many Community Economic Development Initiatives. We have an exciting career opportunity for General Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for operations of this non-profit organization including managing a small team, overseeing small business loans, client training, marketing the services of the organization, collaborating with community partners, managing and reporting on finances, and working with the Board to implement strategic directions.
We are looking for a person with excellent management skills and a good understanding of the economy of Crowsnest Pass and Southern Alberta who can provide strategic leadership for CFCNP. The candidate must be well organized and understand the importance of meeting reporting and planning deadlines. The candidate also requires strong written and verbal communications skills for liaising with the Board of Directors, funding agencies, partners, clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
The General Manager is responsible for:
- Board relations
- Management & leadership
- Financial management
- Contract management
- Strategic Planning
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Communications and reporting
- Small business lending
- Project management
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Commerce or Business degree specializing in finance, accounting or general business, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Business experience, especially small business focus
- Not-for-profit experience
- Ability to work independently; self-starter and team player
- Proficient in use of variety of computers and programs including Mac O/s; Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365; Sage Accounting
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills
- Excellent work skills including time management, organization, budgeting, project management
- Valid drivers’ license and own transportation
Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
We thank all applicants for considering this exciting opportunity with Community Futures Crowsnest Pass. Due to the volume of anticipated response, we advise that only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Community Futures is committed to attracting, engaging and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. Please note that If COVID-19 vaccinations become mandated by Provincial or Federal government, Community Futures will be following that that protocol for all employees.
Your privacy is important to us – please rest assured that all applications will remain confidential at all times. We do not retain candidate profiles or resumes