Business Development Coordinator: Strathmore, Alberta
You have a passion for small business.
You are a natural-born coach.
You love creating and delivering presentations.
You live within commutable distance to Strathmore, Alberta.
If these statements describe you… we should talk. You might just be the ideal candidate for our full-time Business Development Coordinator position at Community Futures Wild Rose!
This is an entry-level position, with future growth potential within our organization. Reporting to and under the guidance of the Executive Director, the Business Development Coordinator will ultimately learn to attract, coach, manage, and guides loan and business development clients to success. The Business Development Coordinator will, in time, be responsible for all aspects of commercial lending, growth of the loan portfolio, business coaching, assessing the feasibility of client business ideas/proposals/plans, and delivering business development courses.
Community Futures Wild Rose is a community-driven, non-profit organization staffed by business professionals and guided by a volunteer Board of Directors. We provide a wide range of small business services and management tools for people wanting to start, expand, franchise, or sell a business. This position is in Strathmore, Alberta with a regional coverage area that includes Acme, Bassano, Beiseker, Carseland, Chestermere, Conrich, Irricana, Langdon, Linden, Rosebud, Three Hills, Trochu, West Carseland and several other hamlets and villages throughout the region.
. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in:
- A proven history of customer service and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Pride in being extremely detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in business math.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, and an intermediate level of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, and MS Teams.
- Interviewing/listening skills.
- Relevant work experience in finance and/or customer service would be considered an asset.
- Business coaching and research skills would be considered assets.
- Presentation skills and experience in creating and delivering training presentations would be considered an asset.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, transportation, and be willing to travel.
If you think you are a strong candidate for this role, please tell us why in your cover letter and include your remuneration requirements.
Although this competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, we will begin assessing applications after Jan. 27, 2023. We will be selecting candidates for interviews at this time, so applications received after that day may not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants for considering this exciting opportunity with Community Futures Wild Rose. We advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Community Futures is committed to attracting, engaging, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. As well, your privacy is important to us – please rest assured that all applications will always remain confidential. We do not retain candidate profiles or resumes.