The program is targeted at unemployed youth aged 18-39 who are not Employment Insurance (EI) eligible and have not had an EI claim for the past three years (5 years if maternity claim).
Those that are accepted into the program can expect:
- Financial support of up to $5,000 for agreed upon living supports, targeted support such as daycare or bus pass, seed business funding, training grants and a $500 completion bonus upon successful completion of the program
- Support to develop the program application and, once accepted, a participation plan
- Ongoing one on one counseling support to assist in completion of a business plan
- Group instruction where appropriate to assist with detailed business planning
- Mentorship and business introductions
- Additional specialized business training where appropriate
- Access to resources and research
If you would like to learn more about this program, please contact us.