The Asian Development Bank (ADB) Business Opportunities Fair (BOF) is a one-stop forum for consultants, contractors, manufacturers, and suppliers looking to provide goods and services for ADB projects. It has proven to be an excellent opportunity to network with peers in the industry, and with ADB sector specialists in the agriculture, natural resources, energy, public management, finance, transport, ICT, water, municipal infrastructure, health, and education sectors.
The Government of Alberta in collaboration with Global Affairs Canada (GAC), Government of Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia are organizing a mission consisting of meetings and networking events in Manila (Philippines), New Delhi and Mumbai (India) for companies from the provinces mentioned above, as a complementary program to the ADB BOF.
Objectives of the mission:
• Understand the ADB’s sector focus and procurement processes;
• Meet with ADB sector specialists and staff in consulting, project management and operations;
• Network with other consulting firms and suppliers in donor and developing countries;
• Hear presentations on how to win ADB-financed contracts in the region;
• Discover what business opportunities are available; and
• Visit ADB funded projects.
At the end of the mission, participants will have:
• Discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts;
• Gained insight of ADB's policies and procedures for the procurement of goods and works, and the recruitment of consultants;
• Gained market intelligence from Trade Commission Service and understood business and legal cultures in visited countries;
• Learned how to locate business opportunities;
• Learned the best ways to prepare responsive bids and proposals;
• Received first-hand information on contracting opportunities by sector currently available under ongoing ADB-financed projects, and upcoming ADB pipeline projects; and
• Explored areas of cooperation with businesses in India, Indonesia, and Philippines and with other BOF participants.