We live and work in the communities that you do and our 27 offices are standing ready to provide financing solutions and support to local businesses through these uncertain times.
While developments are happening quickly, we are offering the following information to plan and respond to this rapidly changing situation.
Connect with Us
Community Futures Alberta supports small businesses outside Calgary and Edmonton.
Enter your community into our Location Finder and connect with your closest office.
Canadian Chamber of Commerce
The Business Resilience Service is for entrepreneurs and small business owners, including not-for-profit organizations and charities, in need of financial planning advice, particularly those who would not typically have access to accounting advice.
The hotline is a national, bilingual toll-free service operated by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce seven days a week by dialing 1-866-989-1080.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
On March 18, 2020, the Prime Minister announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan.
- Canada Business App - Stay Connected to news and updates
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) - What is it? & Is my business eligible?
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) - Provides relief for businesses experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
Alberta Government Supports
- New grants will ease relaunch costs faced by businesses
- Ending the fear of commercial tenant eviction
- WCB premiums deferral for private sector businesses & support for small and medium businesses
- Additional supports for small businesses
- Financial Assistance for Albertans - Government of Alberta
- Emergency Needs Allowance - Government of Alberta
Supporting Employers & Employees
Alberta Government Resources
- Supports for Employers - Funding and supportive measures for local businesses, employers and employees.
- Respiratory viruses and the workplace: OHS information for employers, supervisors and workers
- Employment standards rules
- Pandemic Business continuity planning (PDF, 319 KB)
- WCB COVID-19 worker fact sheet (PDF, 57 KB)
- WCB COVID-19 employer fact sheet (PDF, 70 KB)
- POSTERS: Help Prevent the Spread
Federal Government Resources
CFIB Small Business Resources
- Keeping your employees safe - Canadian Federation of Independent Business
General Small Business Resources
- Alberta Pandemic Preparedness checklist for business - Alberta Government
- The Canadian Chamber of Commerce Pandemic Preparedness website - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Continuity Plan Toolkit for Entrepreneurs - Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Resources for Canadian Business - Government of Canada
Economic Development Resources
- Tips for Alberta Business and Community Leaders – Economic Developers Alberta