With over 30 years of experience helping rural entrepreneurs build successful enterprises in rural communities throughout Alberta, we have a lot of solid advice to offer start-up and expanding small and medium sized businesses. Here are some of our top tips and tools.
Can’t find what you are looking for here? Contact your local Community Futures office. Our experienced Business Analysts can help you write a business plan, developing a business expansion strategy, securing financing and much more. These services are free for the first four hours and then cost a nominal fee.
Developing a business plan – the why and the how
Estimating cash flow and financing, and measuring success
Test your business idea before you start up
Marketing your business
Here are some great ideas about marketing from some of the best business resources on the web.
- 6 ways to market your small business for less than $100 (Entrepreneur Magazine article)
- Epic marketing strategies and customer development 101 (Foundr Magazine podcast)
- Finding a focused niche market (Video hosted by The Entrepreneurial Mind co-founder Ddr. Jeff Cornwall)
- 10 content marketing tips for start ups (Women 2.0 website article)
- 6 best marketing tips for start ups (Under30 CEO website article)
- Great talks about marketing (TED.com video playlist)