The Alberta Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program (AEDP) is an initiative of the Community Futures Network of Alberta (CFNA) and the government of Canada through Western Economic Diversification (WD).
The programs, services, and partnerships developed by AEDP are designed to provide support to the Alberta Community Futures Organizations in their work with clients who have self-declared disabilities and either wish to start a business or expand their existing business in rural Alberta.
The objective of the AEDP is to ensure ready access to entrepreneurial support services for persons with disabilities. As well, the Alberta EDP program provides support and funding for Alberta CFs in their work with entrepreneurs with disabilities.
The objectives of the Alberta Entrepreneurs with Disabilties Program are:
- Client-centered services
- Innovative approaches to provision of services
- Marketing strategy development and implementation
- Partnership development
- Training for CF staff and entrepreneurs with disabilities
- Accountability for funding and program implementation
As an initiative of the Community Futures Network of Alberta, the Vision of AEDP is to:
“Provide enhanced support to Alberta CFs in their work with clients with disabilities who are seeking entrepreneurial supports.”
- To support the Alberta CFs in delivering services to entrepreneurs with disabilities
- To provide a coordinated service support approach in the model
- To build awareness of disabilities and support a variety of methods for supporting entrepreneurs with disabilities
To start the conversation and find out how the AEDP can help you reach your entrepreneurial goals, please contact jmcmillanevansalbertacf.com (subject: Alberta%20Entrepreneurs%20with%20Disabilities%20Program) (Judy McMillan-Evans).