The Alberta Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program offers those with challenges an opportunity to be a business owner on their own terms. With our business support and ‘flexible’ BizAble loans we can help start, expand and develop viable business ideas. You don’t need a picture-perfect business plan either, just a dream, a little drive and the courage to do your own thing. Success as an entrepreneur is all about playing to your strengths. EDP clients all live with physical or mental conditions that reduce their abilities in some areas. But they make a conscious decision to focus on what they can do, rather than what they can't.
Our services include:
- Business training
- Assistance with drawing up a business plan
- Affordable, flexible business loans to establish a new business, purchase an existing business, or expand or upgrade an existing business
To be eligible for the Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Program, you must:
- Have a self-declared disability or ongoing medical condition
- Live in rural Alberta
- Have a viable business idea
- Be able to contribute in some way to your business
Self-employment can be a great way for persons with a disability or an ongoing medical condition to get back into the workforce. Clients find that the return to work through self-employment is made more manageable through:
- Flexible hours
- Personalized work environments
- A sense of control over their own destiny
If you would like to learn more about this program, please contact your local Community Futures.