We live and work in the communities that you do and our 27 offices are standing ready to provide financing and support to local businesses through these uncertain times.
While developments are happening quickly, we are offering the following information to plan and respond to this rapidly changing situation.
Community Futures Alberta supports small businesses outside Calgary and Edmonton.
Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Businesses seeking support through BCAP should first contact their financial institutions for an assessment of their situation.
- If you are an existing Community Futures client reach out to us and we'll help you assess your situation.
- Existing BDC clients should reach out to their account manager for additional information.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
On March 18, 2020, the Prime Minister announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, will provide up to $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
- Canada Business App - Stay Connected to news and updates
Alberta Government Financial supports
- Financial Assistance for Albertans - Government of Alberta
Supporting Employers & Employees
Alberta Government Resources
- Respiratory viruses and the workplace: OHS information for employers, supervisors and workers
- Employment standards rules
- Pandemic Business continuity planning (PDF, 319 KB)
- WCB COVID-19 worker fact sheet (PDF, 57 KB)
- WCB COVID-19 employer fact sheet (PDF, 70 KB)
- POSTERS: Help Prevent the Spread
Federal Government Resources
CFIB Small Business Resources
- Keeping your employees safe - Canadian Federation of Independent Business
General Small Business Resources
- Alberta Pandemic Preparedness checklist for business - Alberta Government
- The Canadian Chamber of Commerce Pandemic Preparedness website - Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Continuity Plan Toolkit for Entrepreneurs - Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
- Resources for Canadian Business - Government of Canada
Economic Development Resouces
- Tips for Alberta Business and Community Leaders – Economic Developers Alberta